Comparison of the Book of Mosiah to the Bible
3 February 2013 (updated 4 March 2022)
Available now is my computed comparison of the Book of Mosiah to the Bible, consisting of 60 pages of side-by-side text comparisons. This is part of the second edition of As One that Hath a Familiar Spirit, which I’m publishing here on my blog. Subsequently, pending sufficient interest, I may also work toward publishing more formal print or ebook copies of the entire work. If you would be interested in purchasing a print or ebook copy, please let me know by clicking here.
Here are some highlights from and observations about the computed comparison of the Book of Mosiah to the Bible:
- Mosiah 1: 5 references Lamanites like Isaiah 1: 9 references Sodom and Gomorrah
- Mosiah 3: 9-10 combines descriptions of Jesus from Matthew 20: 19 and Mark 10: 34
- Mosiah 5: 2 uses “to do evil, but to do good” like Jeremiah 4: 22, but with the opposite application
- Mosiah 10: 8 describes Lamanites’ attire as Matthew 3: 4 describes John the Baptist’s attire
- Mosiah 12: 21-24 matches Isaiah 52: 7-10
- Mosiah 12: 34-36, 13: 12-24 closely matches Exodus 20: 2-17 and less closely matches Deuteronomy 5: 6-21
- Mosiah 14: 1-12 closely matches Isaiah 53: 1-12
- Mosiah 15: 29-31 closely matches Isaiah 52: 8-10
- Mosiah 16: 8, 10 uses language from 1 Corinthians 15: 53-56
And here is where you can access the comparison:
Computed Comparison of the Book of Mosiah to the Bible
Thanks for visiting! You might also be interested in the full list of my computed comparisons of other books in the Book of Mormon to the Bible.